Have we received the new ____? A. equipment ...
Other quiz: Grammar Which word is a synonym of landscape in the sentence below? The landscape was made up of rolling hills and fields. A. area B. journey C. painting D. roadway
What is the abbreviation for Equipment?
What does Equipment mean? equipment (noun) an instrumentality needed for an undertaking or to perform a service. see more ».
The whiteboard (more rarely blackboard or greenboard) is a useful device for spontaneous writing - as in brainstorming, for example. For prepared material, the OHP might be more suitable. The duster is used for cleaning the whiteboard. It is essential that the duster be clean to start with.
What does equipment mean?
Definition of equipment in the Definitions dictionary. Meaning of equipment. What does equipment mean? Information and translations of equipment in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Equipment definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
· an equipping or being equipped. 2. whatever a person, group, or thing is equipped with; the special things needed for some purpose; supplies, furnishings, apparatus, etc. 3. goods used in providing service, esp. in transportation, as the rolling stock of a …
· Short answer: use ''equipment'', do not use ''equipments''. Long answer: in Modern Standard English, ''equipment'' is a mass or non-count noun, like ''water'' or ''traffic'', which describes something that is somehow implicitly plural but doesn''t have a plural form. That is, it wouldn''t make sense to have more than one equipment, since it describes a set ...
[Grammar] all the equipment is or are
· 599. all the equipment is or are. Question: All the equipment in the factory ''require or requires'' servicing. Although equipment is an uncountable noun, but I used ''require'' because of the presence of ''all''. However, the answer key says ''requires''. Please help me to understand the reason.
The Grammar Logs -
GRAMMAR''S RESPONSE: We say "equipment is available" for the same reason that we say "the furniture is beautiful." They are both nouns that have no plural form. When you want to refer to items of equipment, in fact, you have to say items of equipment (or pieces of furniture), and "items" (or "pieces") becomes the subject of your sentence.
2 the process of providing a place or person with necessary things The equipment of the photographic studio was expensive. Thesaurus equipment. material; gear; kit; apparatus; These are all words for the things that you need for a particular purpose or activity. equipment the things that are needed for a particular purpose or activity: camping equipment a piece of laboratory/medical equipment
What''s the plural of equipment?
Equipment is a noncount noun, or a noun that cannot be counted and does not have a plural form. You can have "a lot of equipment," "more equipment," or "less equipment," but not "*six equipment." Like other noncount nouns, equipment always tak...
What is the Abbreviation for Equipment?
On a smaller scale, grammar school to university age team members on soccer, softball, baseball, and football teams refer to all related items as equipment. It is common to see such abbreviations in headlines or newspaper titles where space is a concern.
What is the plural of equipment?
The noun equipment can be countable or uncountable.. In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be equipment.. However, in more specific contexts, the plural form can also be equipments (nonstandard) e.g. in reference to various types of equipments or a collection of equipments.
equipments or equipment | English
· The military and equitation language tend to preserve older usage, so possibly the explanation is that the plural was once acceptable, but no longer is. The laboratory equipments is a poser, but I think the meaning may be slightly different there, referring to the process of equipping rather than the equipment itself.
Equipment vs Equipments
· As nouns the difference between equipment and equipments. is that equipment is the act of equipping, or the state of being equipped, as for a voyage or expedition while equipments …
Equipment Meaning | Best 12 Definitions of Equipment
What does equipment mean? The rolling stock especially of a transportation system. (noun)
Standby Equipment Where chlorination is required for protection of the supply, standby equipment of sufficient capacity shall be available to replace the largest unit. Giga-fren Consequently specific and individual tasks involved in the operation, maintenance or repair of auxiliary or standby equipment are evaluated as part of a set of duties.
No special equipment is needed. The basic equipment consists of a plastic mask and a length of rope. The local council is supplying new play equipment for the playground. The plane uses state-of-the-art navigation equipment. high-tech equipment for keeping the temperature steady; Aid agencies are flying vital medical equipment to the disaster area.
Why can''t I use "equipments"? | Ask The Editor | Learner''s ...
The noun equipment does not have a plural form. It is used in the singular only, with a singular verb, and there is no word "equipments." Nouns like this are called "noncount nouns" (or "mass nouns") and there are over 100 common nouns in this category. Below are 10 …
Plural of equipment | English language | Preply
PLURAL OF EQUIPMENT. The noun equipment can be countable or uncountable. In more ordinary, usually used, contexts, the plural form will also be equipment. Anyway, in more particular contexts, the plural form can also be equipments (nonstandard) e.g. in reference to various types of equipments or a collection of equipments.
· The first time I saw equipments was on Microsoft help. I thought it was just a typo. When I was in school, equipment was like sheep - singular and plural were both the same. I''ve worked for two British companies which use o equipment to mean one type of equipment o equipments to mean many types of equipment. Someone told me it is like fish and ...
Having difficulty spelling equipment? Check out Ginger''s spelling book and learn how to spell equipment correctly, its definition and how to use it in a sentence!
equipment | meaning of equipment in Longman Dictionary of ...
GRAMMAR: Countable or uncountable? • Equipment is an uncountable noun and is not used in the plural. You say: The laboratory has all the latest equipment. Don''t say: The laboratory has all the latest equipments. • Equipment is always followed by a singular verb: All our equipment …
What''s wrong with equipments??? | Ask The Editor | Learner ...
Aline from Egypt asked about the noun equipment and why it isn''t used in the plural form (*equipments).. Thank you for this question. Equipment is a noncount noun, or a noun that cannot be counted and does not have a plural form.You can have "a lot of equipment," "more equipment," or "less equipment," but not "*six equipment."
· I consider "equipments" in the same category as "troops". Some genius on the TV news program says "4 troops". That is seriously annoying to me, as I believe "troops" is an unidentified quantity. It means more than 1, usually several. Troops is a plural noun, as is equipment. jimbo And we have the local store saying "fruits". I don''t shop there.
Learning business machine and equipment problems
Disc copying equipment = A machine that enables you to copy large amounts of CD''s or DVD''s; Typewriters = Used to produce letters and documents not popular now due to computers. Problems with machinery. Below is a list of problems for a computer and a copier. There are many things that can wrong with machinery below is only a few. Problems with ...
[Grammar] all the equipment is/are
· Current Location: Singapore. Join Date. Nov 2014. Posts. 599. all the equipment is/are. All the equipment is/are being relocated now. I think the answer is ''is'' because the word ''equipment'' is an uncountable noun.
the word "Equipment" (Singular/Plural ?) | The Grammar ...
· Which sentences are correct and which ones are incorrect and why ? -these 3 equipment are always maintained. -These 3 pieces of equipment are always maintained. -Each equipment is checked before using it. -Each piece of equipment is checked before using it. -We have a set of 5 equipment which we don''t have their specific spare parts. --We have 5 equipment which we don''t …
Which is correct: ''all equipment are listed…'' or ''all ...
As Billy Kerry has stated, "equipment" is an uncountable noun. Countable nouns can be singular or plural, and the verb must agree with them. In the case of uncountable nouns, they are treated as singular countable nouns. Thus, they carry a singula...
EQUIPMENT | Definition of EQUIPMENT by Oxford Dictionary ...
View synonyms. 1.1. The process of supplying someone or something with necessary equipment. ''the construction and equipment of new harbour facilities''. More example sentences. ''I feel it my duty to state the great activity, energy, and zeal shown by the Admiral in superintending the equipment of the Danish ships and the embarkation of the ...
Plural of "Equipment" is...?
· That''s a bit different though. Fruits can be used in the same way as eg wines or cheeses to mean types of - as in this recipe for Barbecued Fruits Compare : I know some Italian wines which are just as high quality as similar French wines. And although I was all set to say that equipment couldn''t be used like this, or in any other plural sense, googling it I''ve just found :
What is the plural of equipment?
How do you spell equiptment
equipment - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: equipment n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. (machines) equipo, equipamiento nm nombre masculino: Sustantivo de género exclusivamente masculino, que lleva los artículos el o un en singular, y los o unos en plural. Exemplos: el televisor, un piso.
equipment vs facilities | The Grammar Exchange
· equipment: the machines, tools, or objects that you use for doing something. My inference form the two definition above is that: facilities rely on equipment. So when there are equipments there are facilities.
Equipment - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary
singular vs plural
· "Equipment" is an uncountable noun. There is no such word as "equipments". One might say, "The equipment in our laboratory includes an oscilloscope and an electron microscope". If you want to distinguish singular and plural, you have to talk about "pieces of equipment" or similar wording.
Equipment(S): Much More/Many More?
· Dave PhillipsIt can sound wrong to you Dim Sum but I assure you that Clive is correct (un-surprisingly so) when he says the answer is A. much more equipment.Dave, I am not contradicting Clive''s answer. I agreed, in fact, given the choices, A -was the correct and the best answer. I spent over 20 years with manufacturing machineries which we call "equipment".
- bergetar produsen layar di ahmedabad
- equipment manual for vibrating screen
- energy consumption by industrial beneficiation plant
- calculate cement qty from
- how is gold extracted from lithosphere
- de chancado de m hora
- conveyor belt fasteners suppliers in south africa
- coal crusher effective
- cone crusher walls
- crusher direct sales
- mesin konstruksi puing crusher
- crushing class ¨魡chines
- de la m c aquina para el metal
- fine cone stone breaking machine
- diamond mining dredging technology
- extec c rock crusher 200 tph sale
- crusher at mines for limestones
- crusher screens china in south africa
- ime impact crusher
- conveyor specifiions belt
- advantages of bricks over blocks
- farmland in what the machine can crush stones with
- ballast stone crushing equipment cost
- homogenizador industrial
- bola bubuk rasio penggilingan bola
- chancadoras de ninos
- gravity separation sgs sa sgs
- cone crusher for sale scm
- cosas se muelen en los mulinos
- gold plant launders crusherasia
- gravel stones suppliers in mumba
- apatite mineral reduce
- filler crushing toqui
- hot selling bucket wheel sand washing machine
- coal mining scraper conveyor in power station
- gold ore powerful
- gravel crush concrete